Guidelines and Policies
Production is open access and does not charge fees from its contributors. The journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY), and it is digitally preserved by SciELO.
Production only accepts manuscripts in good English.
All submitted manuscripts shall follow the American Psychological Association - APA Norm for references and citations.
Production journal screens all submissions for similarity, please ensure that if your paper has been previously presented at conferences, it has been substantially improved in order to be considered to the review process, and properly reference to these previous publications is included.
Please read the guidelines below thoroughly before submitting your manuscript.
INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS
1. SCOPE AND POLICY
Production journal aims to foster knowledge creation and its dissemination in operations and production engineering field.
Submitted manuscripts must include original contributions to theory and/or empirical results, supported by strong methodologies. Manuscripts must not be accepted for publication (or have been published) by other periodicals or be under evaluation for publication through any other means.
The evaluation process for manuscripts submitted to the Production journal comprises the following steps:
- First screen review: the Editor-in-Chief , Co-Editor or the Associate Editor appointed by the Editor-in-Chief, will examine the manuscript suitability regarding scope and editorial policy, and scientific contribution.
- Preliminary evaluation for format and submission norms: The editorial assistant may ask authors to make adjustments in their manuscripts
- Double Blind Review: manuscripts are assigned to an Associate Editor, who will selected two or more reviewers, for double blind review. The Editor in Chief or Associate Editor make the final recommendation for the manuscript, based on the reviewers´ assessment report. Manuscripts for which revisions are recommended will undergo further evaluation steps, to verify whether requests have been met.
Manuscript submission implies that its publication has been approved by all coauthors, if applicable, and the responsible authorities of the institution where the study/research was performed (by signing a term of publishing rights).
Authors are responsible for the manuscript content published in the journal, which must comply with Production Journal copyright and ethical principles. Production Journal does not take legal responsibility for errors or omissions, which may be identified before or after publication.
Production journal only accepts manuscripts in English.
Manuscripts shall have from 4,000 to 8,000 words, including references.
Production Journal does not allow addition or removal of authors after manuscript submission.
All information on the authors and their affiliations shall be included only in the online submission system; such information will be excerpted therefrom if the manuscript is accepted.
Authors and affiliations shall not be included in the manuscript file to ensure double blind review process. Additionally, all properties shall be removed from the uploaded manuscripts..
The title should be concise but informative and should not contain more than 15 words.
The abstract should be structured in five topics:
- Paper aims
- Research method
- Main findings
- Implications for theory and practice
Keywords should always be provided without repeating terms from the title. It is mandatory to include between three to five keywords per manuscript.
Authors and affiliations shall not be included in the Title Page file to ensure the double blind review process.
All Sections and Subsections should be numbered beginning with the Introduction.
Submissions must be accompanied by a Cover letter, which must highlight its adherence to the Editorial scope of the journal, theoretical and practical relevance, aims, methods, main results and its original theoretical, empirical and/or methodological contribution.
Units of measurement should always follow the standard defined by the International System (IS). Abbreviations used in the tables, figures, and other objects must be defined below such objects, even if they have previously been defined in the text.
The names of products and equipment must include the trademark symbol (®) and information on the manufacturer name, city and country.
Footnotes are not accepted in this periodical and should always be directly incorporated in the text body.
Please note: In English manuscripts, the decimals must be separated by points/dots (not commas).
Tables should be compiled using the table resources in MS Word. Tables inserted as images cannot be accepted and will result in delayed evaluation and publication. They shall be numbered sequentially, presenting caption and sources in the manuscript. We will not accept items that are not properly cited in the text and vice versa. Tables for which no sources are cited are understood as originally produced by the authors, and under their responsibility Equations should always be carefully revised and sequentially numbered whenever necessary.
Images, figures and photographs should always be produced in 300 dpi resolution or higher. Figures should be inserted only in JPEG format. Data displayed must be in English and the smallest font must be legible after insertion in the file text. Figures and illustrations must display a caption and source as well as be referenced in the text. We will not accept figures that are not properly cited in the text and vice versa.
Figures for which no sources are cited are understood as originally produced by the authors, and under their responsibility.
Production journal adopts the citation and reference style of the American Psychological Association - APA. The complete policy and tutorials can be found at http://www.apastyle.org.
Citations in the text body should follow the author-date citation system, that is, notes in the text should only indicate the author’s surname and year of publication.
Direct citations (verbatim transcript of the consulted paper) should be within the body text in double quotation marks. In these cases, the page(s) of the source consulted must be specified. In indirect citations, the indication of the page(s) consulted is optional.
Some examples of citations:
- One author: Sayers (1970); (Sayers, 1970).
- Two authors: Moraes & Furuie (2010); (Moraes & Furuie, 2010).
- More than two authors: Ferreira et al. (1984); (Ferreira et al., 1984).
- Citing articles of the same author: Santos (2003a, b; 2007); (Santos, 2003a, b; 2007).
The reference list should be elaborated first alphabetically and then by chronological order, if necessary. Multiple references of the same author in the same year must be identified by letters ('a', 'b' and 'c', etc.) placed after the year of publication, according to the citations in the body text. All the bibliography/literature used and cited in the text must be in the list of references, as well as each reference in the list must be cited in the text.
When preparing your list of references, please note the following:
- Do not use "et al." in references.
- Always use full titles to identify journals.
- Citations from recent literature are preferred.
- Whenever possible, avoid difficult-to-access citations, such as out-of-print or rare books and unpublished materials.
- Avoid using theses, dissertations and other unpublished or under-preparation articles.
Herbst-Damm, K. L., & Kulik, J. A. (2005). Volunteer support, marital status, and the survival times of terminally ill patients. Health Psychology, 24, 225-229. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0278-618.104.22.168
Sillick, T. J., & Schutte, N. S. (2006). Emotional intelligence and self-esteem mediate between perceived early parental love and adult happiness. E-Journal of Applied Psychology, 2(2), 38-48. Retrieved from http://ojs.lib.swin.edu.au/index.php/ejap
Ganster, D. C., Schaubroeck, J., Sime, W. E., & Mayes, B. T. (1991). The nomological validity of the Type A personality among employed adults. Journal of Applied Psychology, 76, 143-168. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.76.1.143
Shotton, M. A. (1989). Computer addiction? A study of computer dependency [DX Reader version]. Retrieved from http://www.ebookstore.tandf.co.uk/html/index.asp
American Psychological Association, Task Force on the Sexualization of Girls. (2007). Report of the APA Task Force on the Sexualization of Girls. Retrieved from http://www.apa.org/pi/wpo/sexualization.html
Chapter in book
Haybron, D. M. (2008). Philosophy and the science of subjective well-being. In M. Eid & R. J. Larsen (Eds.), The science of subjective well-being (pp. 17-43). New York: Guilford Press.
Muellbauer, J. (2007, September). Housing, credit, and consumer expenditure. In S. C. Ludvigson (Chair), Housing and consumer behavior. Symposium conducted at the meeting of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, Jackson Hole, WY.
Manuscripts should be prepared on MS Word 2007, or a later versions.
Document should be formatted in a single column, with 1.5-line spacing. All figures, graphs, tables, and other text objects, should be included in the document body positioned to provide the best reading flow.
Two (02) files must be uploaded to the online submission system:
- the MS Word version without author’s data (in the submission system please insert this file with the status “Main Document”);
- A copyright transfer document filled and signed by only the corresponding author and scanned as a JPG or PDF. Please use the copyright transfer model: Form_Copyright_Agreement.doc (in the submission system please insert this file with the status “Supplemental File NOT for Review”).
Manuscripts must be submitted using our submission system ScholarOne.
After logging in, use the menu to access the "Author" then click on the link to "Start a new submission”. Follow the onscreen instructions starting with “Begin Submission”.
- Step 1: insert Type, Title, & Abstract of the manuscript
- Step 2: insert Attributes, Keywords
- Step 3: insert the informations about Authors & Institutions
- Step 4: insert the Details & Comments, Cover Letter, informations about Funding, Conflict of interest and others confirmations;
- the cover letter should have a description of the manuscript relevance. Authors and affiliations shall not be included in the Cover Letter to ensure a double blind review.
- Step 5: insert the Files (File Upload):
- A MS Word version without authors data (in the submission system please insert this file with the status “Main Document”);
- copyright transfer document filled and signed by the corresponding author and scanned as a JPG or PDF. Please use the copyright transfer model: Form_Copyright_Agreement.doc (in the submission system please insert this file with the status “Supplemental File NOT for Review”)
- Figures (if any) in JPEG format.
- Step 6: Review & Submit for to confirm all the informations inserted and use the bottons of View Proof for check all the files (this checking are obligatory)
- Step 7: After that click in “Submit”.
- Model with the declaration of transfer of copyright:
- Standard references the American Psychological Association - APA:
- Production journal in SciELO:
- System journal submission Production
Production Journal is a scholarly publication that aims to foster knowledge creation and dissemination in the Production Engineering field. The journal publishes academic articles in Operations, Manufacturing, Industrial and Production Engineering and Management fields. The journal scope embraces: Operations and Process Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Quality Management, Operational Research, Product Development, Strategy and Organizational Engineering, Knowledge and Information Management, Managerial Economics, Work and Human Factors, Sustainability and Production Engineering Education.
2. EDITORIAL POLICY
Manuscripts must be written in English, in good writing style. Authors are encouraged to have their texts revised by native speakers.
All submissions must be accompanied by a cover letter, in which authors must highlight the submission adherence to the Editorial scope of the journal, theoretical and practical relevance, aims, methods, main results and its original theoretical, empirical and/or methodological contribution.
Manuscripts cannot have been accepted for publication, have been published by other periodicals, or be under evaluation for publication elsewhere. If earlier versions have been published in academic conferences, authors must disclose that information to the editors in the cover letter clarifying the main improvements that justify publication, as well as properly reference these previous publications and assure submitted manuscripts present significant improvement.
Production Journal is an Open Access Journal and complies to the Creative Commons BY-CC license. It does not charge submission or publication fees from its contributors.
To submit new articles access this page.
The journal Production uses since 2017, the ScholarOne system for submission and peer review online.